Well, the results are in! Out of all the totally fabulous cocktail recipes we received, we have drawn our 3 winners.
First, the grand prize winner is Katrina W. with her oh-so-delectable Strawberry Pina Colada Daquiri. My blender thanks you.
Strawberry Pina Colada Daquiri
- 4 oz pina colada mix
- 2.5 oz strawberry schnapps
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz Bacardi rum
- 2 oz frozen strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Filled glass of cracked ice
I’m a little unclear on if this is shaken and strained up in a martini glass or if you just throw it all in a blender. If it’s the latter, I’d stick in a straw, maybe on of those umbrellas and I’m all set. Use a glass if you must. 😉 Festive daquiri glasses or margarita glasses work great, but any ol’ pint glass will do in a pinch.
Katrina will receive a signed copy of our book, The IT Girl’s Guide to Blogging with Moxie as well as an 8oz. tube of our current desktop favorite, Jaqua Hand Creme with Meadowfoam Seed Oil (though I’m not positive which fragrance you’ll get. That’s Kathy’s department!) along with a too-good-to-be-true retro cocktail caddy. Oooo ahhh… perfect for trying out some other new drinks, eh?
Next up are our two 2nd place winners: Chari (or “CLD”, as she’s often known) and Heather H.!!! Congratulations! Those extra credit entries paid off, ladies!
Chari sent us an antioxidant-rich recipe (let me pretend, ok?) for something she calls a “Healthy” Cosmo, which she also re-posted on her blog:
1/2 oz. Key Lime Juice
1/2 oz. Licor 43
2 oz. Rain Vodka
3 oz. Pure, REAL Pomegranate Juice
1 Lime Wedge
1 Mint Sprig
Pour all ingredients into a shaker with ice, shake mightily. Strain into a chilled [preferably frozen] martini glass. Garnish with lime wedge and mint sprig. Sit out on the lanai, prop up your earth shoe-clad feeties on an ottoman and enjoy. Feel proud of yourself for managing to up your antioxidants and get a buzz at the same time!
Heather decided to go all Italian on us with a delicious mix of light, sweet limoncello, tart cran and our ol’ girl the Goose! She also smartly paired it with a white pizza which if I had my way, I’d have in front of me right now. Mmm mmm… And to make it even better, the white pizza is figure-friendly at only 4 Weight Watcher’s Points® a slice. That leaves room for another limontini! Let me have my math.
- 3oz Grey Goose
- 2oz Caravella Limoncello
- 1oz cranberry juice
Pour over ice, shake, and strain into glass. Enjoy!
22 min | 10 min prep | SERVES 4
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 vidalia onions or other sweet onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped spinach or arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 (8-inch) prebaked pizza crusts (such as boboli)
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare grill for medium-hot fire.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, sugar, and 1/4 tsp of the salt.
- Cook, stirring until onion is a rich golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir together the spinach or arugula, ricotta, 2 tbsp of the parmesan, the basil, and the remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Place the crust on a pizza paddle or rimless baking sheet and spread the spinach mixture over it to cover entirely.
- Top with the onion and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp paremesan.
- Using the paddle or baking sheet, slide the pizza on the grill, away from the heat source.
- Cover and cook, rotating the pizza a half turn every 5 minutes, until the pizza is hot and the cheese is fully melted, about 8 minutes.
4 WW Points per serving (1/4 pizza).
Reposted from Weight Watchers.com
Chari and Heather will also each receive a signed copy of our book, The IT Girl’s Guide to Blogging with Moxie as well as an 8oz. tube of our current desktop favorite, Jaqua Hand Creme with Meadowfoam Seed Oil.
We’ll be reporting back about these recipes, along with others that weren’t drawn, in the coming weeks. Plus, stay tuned for the launch of our new website, TheMoxieGirls.com where we’ll be covering cocktails, entertaining, beauty and lifestyle.
Thanks for all of your awesome entries!
summer, contest, cocktails, book, blogging with moxie